The DUMATHERM® is an efficient combustion analyzer for nitrogen and protein determination according to the Dumas combustion method. With a compact design, the instrument saves bench space and allows labs to analyze a wide range of samples with varying sample concentrations.
The innovative design of the combustion analyzer’s furnace chamber, in combination with the direct analysis of all resulting gases, delivers accurate and dependable results. The Dumas method serves as an easier-to-use, more efficient alternative to traditional Kjeldahl methods, which can take hours to perform. DUMATHERM® reduces analysis time to 3 minutes or less, 98% time savings compared to Vapodest.
- Accurate results within 3 min
- Residue-free combustion & Fully automated – rapidly analyze a variety of sample matrices including liquids
- Process up to 64 samples per run
- Completely controlled by DUMATHERM® Manager, and can be operated safely from any location without an extractor
- Flexible – Use argon or helium as a carrier gas, depending upon the sample
- Meets requirements for standard methods including AOAC, AOCS, ASBC, AACC, ASTM, DIN, etc.
- User-friendly, ISO 17025 compliant software
DUMATHERM® Manager, the system’s PC-based, user-friendly software controls the entire analysis. With powerful diagnostics, documentation capabilities, multiple language options, data transfer capability to and from a LIMS, traceability of all analysis data, and easy set-up make the analyzer simple to operate and frees the user’s time for other tasks.
Rapid, Precise, and Versatile
Run up to 64 individual samples automatically, and overnight! The DUMATHERM® does not require an extractor and can be flexibly employed on a stand-alone basis in any location. Heating time is just 30 minutes and only 3 minutes are required for an individual analysis run.
Flexible, Efficient, and Cost-Effective
The DUMATHERM® combustion analyzer can analyze almost all types of samples — solid or liquid! And with the use of our helium technology and total gas analysis, the results are precisely traced. The DUMATHERM combustion analyzer’s detection limit is 0.003 mg nitrogen and samples weighing up to 1 g can be readily processed.
If you’re interested in Kjeldahl analysis, you may be interested in the VAPODEST® Kjeldahl Steam Distillation systems. The VAPODEST series offers powerful analytics, accurate results, and efficient, clean operation in one easy-to-use system.