HYDROTHERM is a combustion analyzer designed to provide precise, reproducible digestions at a fraction of the cost compared to traditional methods. Gerhardt’s patented technology automates traditional acid hydrolysis, providing rapid, accurate results while decreasing the cost of analysis by 80%. The HYDROTHERM is safer than the Mojonnier method, and combustion analyzer eliminates handling of hot acids and the need for a fume hood to run the chemistry.
- Reduces cost per sample by 80% compared to traditional methods
- Completely automated and easy to operate
- Safer than Mojonnier
- Analyze up to 6 samples simultaneously
- Meets requirements for international regulations
Compact and easy-to-use, HYDROTHERM processes up to 6 samples simultaneously and up to 36 samples per day. Three independently controllable modules each house 2 hydrolysis units. The instrument measures hydrochloric acid (HCl) into the sample beaker, hydrolyses the sample in the hydrochloric acid, and performs the complex filtration with all rinse operations automatically until all fat contents are transferred and the filter has been washed to pH-neutral.
The entire hydrolysis runs in a closed system. Laboratory personnel have no contact with hot liquids or acid fumes. Sensors monitor the process and shut down the system in the event of an error.
Cost Reduction & Improved Efficiency
- High sample throughput in laboratories. Six samples can be hydrolyzed simultaneously in one pass.
- No laboratory staff is required to be present during the running process. The control, filtration, and monitoring of the hydrolysis process are completely automated by the unit.
- Provides precise and reproducible digestion results. The unit is compact and does not take up any space in a fume cupboard.
Improved Laboratory Safety
- Laboratory personnel are not exposed to hot acids or acid fumes, and add liquids through a closed system.
- Does not allow any acid fumes to escape
- Sensitive sensors monitor the process and central functions like, temperature, cooling water, dosing and concentration of the liquids, and the fill levels in liquid tanks.
- The unit has the capacity to self-abort in the event of a malfunction.
Quality Analysis & Flexibility
- Manual error sources, inaccuracies, and process deviations are eliminated by automatic procedures and controlled software.
- The control program logs and documents individual work operations and specific values for each hydrolysis process.
- Tests liquid and solid samples ranging from
- Solid Samples: 1 – 20 g
- Liquid Samples: up to 50 mL
- With a large sample range, almost all types of food and feed samples can be analyzed
Fat Determination in…
- Milk and Dairy Products
- Meat and Meat Products
- Chocolate and Cocoa Products
- Oil and Oil Seeds
- Bread and Bakery Products