MINICAMS is an automatic, transportable air monitoring system. It is designed for near real-time monitoring of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and selected gaseous inorganic compounds in ambient air or other environments. It provides rapid notification of alarm levels in the monitored areas and operates continuously with minimal maintenance. Based on capillary gas chromatography (GC), the MINICAMS is a fully quantitative analytical system capable of routine multiple-compound monitoring.
The Halogen Specific Detector (XSD) is a highly-sensitive and selective detector for chlorinated compounds based on thermionic emission. Chlorinated compounds enter the high temperature reactor of the XSD, generating free chlorine atoms. These atoms are adsorbed onto an active platinum surface, which causes thermionic emission from the surface to generate a signal current. The XSD is a flameless detector, requiring only compressed air for detector operations.
- Flameless detector
- Small, lightweight, and simple to operate
- Requires minimal routine maintenance
- Small, stand-alone monitor for single or multiple sampling points in fi eld applications; suitable for selected vehicle mounted applications
- Plug-in GC module
- Networking communications hardware for large installations
- Interface available for Facility Control System
- Additional data acquisition and report features available with the addition of CHROM-LINK®
- Multiple-analyte monitoring (up to eight compounds per MINICAMS)